Here you go: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bon-Bons. I'm calling them bon-bons because it's fun to say and also they are frozen so it's like a little ice cream treat. Also, it's just so fun to say. Did I say that already? These were super easy to make and definitely something the kids could help with (although if you let that happen be prepared for a bit of a mess.)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bon-Bons
2 bananas (or however much you want)
small spoonful of coconut oil (optional)
Directions (with pictures!!):
1. Cut bananas in slices and lay them on a piece of wax paper on top of a cookie sheet.
2. Smear a bit of peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter...ooh almond would be good!) on top of each slice.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a glass bowl. If you are like me and nuke them for too long, throw a spoonful of coconut oil in to make it the right consistency. Bonus...the coconut adds a nice flavor.
4. Once the chocolate is melted, using a fork dip the slices into the chocolate and lay on the wax paper.
4. Put entire cookie sheet in freezer for, oh maybe about an hour would do. I actually left mine in overnight because I forgot to take them out.
These are best eaten if you let them thaw out for a few minutes, but are pretty messy. I guess you'll just have to stick a whole one in your mouth! Once they are frozen you can put them all in a ziploc bag and keep them in the freezer.