- spending time alone in the morning
- lighting a candle
- getting mail (I guess I can't technically do this for myself, but I do really enjoy it)
- sitting and drinking a cup of coffee (instead of running around doing other things while drinking it)
- doing just one thing that is not work (reading blogs, watching tv - this pleasure is greatly diminished if I try to do more than one thing at a time like read blogs AND watch tv)
- reading for pleasure
- browsing by myself at Target
- baking (which I miss since I have cut most grains and most sugars out of my diet)
- going out to dinner with Kel
- staying home all day
I was actually surprised at how short my list was and that almost all of them involved being alone. I also think that I am not always mindful of the little pleasures, so I am going to start writing these moments down so I can get into the habit of doing them for myself more often.
What are the little things in your life that make a big difference?