As part of this reflection I made a list of things I know about myself to be true. Some of them are deep, and some of them are not, but I think in order to be true to who I really am, I must first recognize that person and honor her.
- I like the idea of perfection more than I like actually working on it.
- Even though I don't want to admit it and actually quite dislike doing it, I get more done in the morning.
- I should workout in the morning if at all possible
- What I eat for breakfast has a direct correspondence to what I eat for the rest of the day.
- I like things to be, in my dad's terms, "ever so" which sometimes leads to disappointment.
- I am my harshest critic.
- The more I have to do, the more I get done. I do not do well with too much free time.
- It takes me way longer to do things than I expect it to.
- I'm slowly coming to the realization that sometimes it is better to just be good enough.
- I am very patient to a point wherein I have absolutely no patience at all.
- I am much better at abstaining than I am at moderation.
- I take myself too seriously.
After this is posted, I am going to bookmark it so I can come back and remind myself to honor who I am every day.
"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one's self."