Now, if you haven't tried chia seed yet, you are missing out! I have become a regular chia seed user. I put a couple of tablespoons into my daily green smoothie. If I have some yogurt, I'll sprinkle a little on top. I also have the Running Food smoothie mixes which are a great pre-training drink mixed with a little water.
There are a lot of benefits to chia. The main reason I am a regular chia-user is to load up on Omega-3s. Chia is full of them. As Americans, our diets are usually loaded with Omega-6 fats, so it is really important to balance that out with Omega-3s. This is great for recovery, and for the joints. It keeps everything running smoothly and well-lubricated, so you can stay healthy for your next race. Chia also holds 7 times its weight in water, so it is a great way to up your hydration levels for long training sessions. You can read more about the benefits of chia here.
So Running Food is giving away one of its Running Food Chia Survival Kits.
- Chocolate or Vanilla Chia Smoothie
- Chia Oil Softgels
- 6 On-the-Go packets of Chia
- 1-lb bag of Micro-milled Chia
- 12 oz. shaker jar of Chia
- Running Food T-Shirt
That's a whole lotta chia!!
Here's how to enter. Please leave a separate comment for each entry:
1. Become a follower of this blog (mandatory). Please leave a comment.
2. Visit the Running Food website and leave a comment telling me one thing you learned about chia (mandatory).
Bonus Entries (please leave a separate comment for each bonus entry):
3. Follow Running Food on Twitter (@RunningFood).
4. Like Running Food on Facebook.
5. Tweet or facebook about this giveaway.
I will randomly choose a winner on Saturday, February 26.