- At one point on the bike, a little girl yelled, "I love your yellow bike!"
- One of my favorite things about triathlon is the variety of people you meet and see while out on the course. I am always encouraged by everyone, and reminded constantly of why I love this sport. Thank you to everyone who said a kind word, or laughed at the hills with me, or smiled.
- On the run this young kid passed me right around mile 2. After he got about 20 feet in front of me he just let a couple of huge farts rip! I kind of laughed about it until I ran through the aftermath. Good thing he was running much faster than me.
- Further along in the run I was passed by a man wearing a speedo similiar this Splish only with more flowers and rainbows:
- I told him I hoped he used a lot of Body Glide that morning. After which I became slightly disturbed as I watched his psychedelic butt prance away.
- The food after the race was AMAZING! Thank you Bella Domani!!
- I had a lovely conversation with a man from New Jersey on the shuttle back to transition who was excited about having completed his first half-ironman. I'm such a little social butterfly when I get around other triathletes, but I just can't help it. It's like I have an instant bond with anyone who tris!!
- As I was picking up my bike, I ran into a Trimommylife reader who thanked me for the course review. Congrats to Tonya on a great first half-ironman!! I hope your next race is equally rewarding as this one was!!
- And lastly, I love it that every single person that finished the race, man and woman, young and old, experienced triathlete and first-timer, kept their medal hanging from their neck throughout the rest of the day. I love that!!
Have a wonderful evening!!