First, I just want to tell you about my amazing day. Today, I helped organize and run the first annual YMCA Cato Training Tri. It was a 400 yard pool swim, 8.3 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run. Fifteen beautifully fit and strong women participated and every one of them finished with a smile on her face.
It was a hot and humid day, and I was a little worried about rain, but the rain held off. Almost everything went off without a hitch, and the hitch we did have was not a big one.
Here are a few thoughts from the day:
- I am so proud of each and every woman who finished today.
- I am surprised at the fierceness of my feelings for them. I knew I would be proud, but I had no idea I would feel so connected to every person who crossed the line.
- I loved every minute and am amazed that this is called a "job."
- I cannot wait until next year to do it again.
- This makes me appreciate race directors so much more. We just had 15 participants. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to put together a huge race with hundreds of racers.
- It was a joy to watch and not race.
Congratulations, Ladies!! You are triathletes!!
And now on to the Nuu-Muu winner...