The strange thing is that, despite doing all of this stuff, I feel inert. Right. Like I'm not doing anything. I'm not really sure why I have that feeling, but it's there nonetheless. This week one of my goals is just to feel like I'm getting the stuff done that needs to get done. I have a friend who's been reading "The Four Hour Work Week" by Timothy Ferris, and he says it's all about spending time on the things you are really good at and being honest about the things you are not good at. This is a hard thing, especially for a classic overachiever like me.
"What do you mean, the things I'm not good at? I can do anything."
Come on...you know what I'm talking about!!
Anyway, just my thoughts for the week. And now for the numbers:
Swim: 2h 5550 yds
Bike: 4h 51m 58s 80.80 mi
Run: 3h 18.92 mi
Total: 10h 31m 58s
And a couple of other things that just came to mind this morning during my run. I ran sans ipod and got a whole lot of thinking done. Unfortunately, not all of the thoughts are deep, but that's okay, right?
- Have you tried the new Tide Febreze Sport for workout clothes? I bought some, and it works great! This is my own opinion. I didn't get any free samples from Tide, but if you want to send me some feel free!!
- Noah kept me company today while I had my ice bath. It was actually quite fun. I'm also thinking either I am getting used to them or my water hasn't been cold enough even though I used all the ice we had in the freezer.
- I had a great run this morning, and the whole time my Garmin was working just fine. I got home and when I tried to download the workout it got all messed up, and I'm pretty sure I lost the workout. I was way more upset than I should have been about that, but it's almost like the tree falling in the forest when no one is there to hear it...
- I was talking with a professional dancer yesterday about body image. I thought it was very interesting that even someone with just about zero body fat, still has body image issues. She is a mother too, which, for me, made her body that much more amazing and strong. It also made me realize that body image is a deep-rooted thing that all women battle with. I think I might try to see myself from other people's eyes a little more often now.
- I saw a red-headed woodpecker on my quiet, no ipod long run this morning. I was so glad I didn't have music or words blasting in my ears at that moment.
- My children watch way too much television.
- I bought an audiobook of "Outlander" by Diana Galbaldon to listen to on my long runs. I've read this book several times, but I am loving the audiobook. I've actually been listening to it while I'm driving by myself, instead of on my runs. Can't get enough of Jaime and Claire!!
- I guess I am over my blogger's block...sometimes you just have to sit down and write!
If you have made it through my rambling you deserve a reward. Have a great week and happy training!