Today is Ryan's 7th birthday. A child's birthday is a very special day for a mother. Today is the day I became a mother. Today is the day I became an athlete.
Ryan was born after 26 hours of very hard labor. After he was born, I felt invincible. His birthday was the day I realized that I can push my body far harder than I realized. I had never run a race (with the exception of the 8th grade) before Ryan was born. This year I will be racing two half-ironman races and my first 50K!!
Thank you, son, for being such a part of making me the Trimommy I am!
Here are some other things I love about Ryan.
- He is quirky, and certainly has a mind of his own.
- I love his gravelly little voice.
- He has the funniest faces.
- His focus on the things he loves is unwavering.
- He asked for a bow tie for his birthday. Seriously.
- He is confident in a way that only a 7 year old can be.
- He can be very generous and loving when he sets his mind to it.
- I love how I can tell what his day was like the minute he steps off the bus.
- He is very creative. For Christmas he asked for recycling so he could invent things with it.
- I love his freckles.
I could go on forever, as any mommy could. Today we are headed to the bike shop to let Ryan pick out a new bike. I wonder what he'll pick out??