I just realized that the title of this post is very commanding. Let me rephrase...please help me decide, if you would be so kind.
I am registered for the Skinnyman sprint tri on 9/5/09. I love this race, and this year will be particularly exciting since Kel is racing too. My doctor as advised me not to run, but said the decision to race this race is really up to me. Here are my thoughts:
1. I'm pretty sure I don't want to run because my foot has been feeling great, and if it starts hurting after the race, then that is 3.5 weeks of no running down the drain.
2. I think it would be hard to just go watch.
3. I think it would be very hard to just do the swim and bike and then turn my chip in.
4. I think it would be hard to walk the entire run, but at least I could cheer everyone on. If I did walk, I would probably be close to last in my AG, but that would be good incentive to bike and swim superfast. Also a bit worried about people thinking I'm a slacker. i.e. will the announcer try to get me to run through the finish chute??? You know how they are. That might be a bit embarassing.
5. This would be the only race this season that I have raced before, and it would be nice to be able to compare to last year.
Anyway, feel free to comment, and then pick your answer in the poll to the left!!