Today was just one of those days. There is no way I can compose a post that is even close to coherent, so I will just give you my thoughts in no particular order.
- Noah, who will be three next week, has been whining practically nonstop for the past few weeks. My method of dealing with this is to just ignore him which has absolutely no effect on said whining. I do my best to ignore, to tune out, to think happy thoughts, and then, I totally lose it and yell at the top of my voice, " STOP WHINING RIGHT NOW OR YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE MOMMY CRAZY!!" (as if I'm not already to that point.) Today, Noah actually stopped whining for a little while in the car, and then took his shoe off and threw it at me while I was driving!! Hmmm...I think I'll take the shoe.
- This morning I noticed that my toilet was in desperate need of cleaning, so I put some Comet in there and went on my way. When I returned later on this afternoon, the toilet was not clean!! What...toilets do not clean themselves???? Then tonight, when I was brushing Noah's teeth, I noticed that the boys' soap bottle had tipped over and leaked all over the counter. This is exactly why I detest cleaning...you just have to keep doing it over and over and over.
- I'm officially in my taper for my race in a little over a week (9 days to be exact). I have read about tapers being hard, and I didn't really understand why. Now I know...I'm terrified of hurting myself, I'm achy, I'm having (what Ben knowingly informed me are totally normal) phantom pains, I feel like I am not doing enough to prepare for the race...I could go on and on. I get it now.
- The hardest part about being a mother is wanting so badly to be a good mother because you love your children with every part of your being, yet feeling like you are failing because there are moments you don't even think you can stand to be in the same room as them.
- Thursday is the day I pick up my CSA share. I have not been eating very good for the past week, and now I am overrun with veggies. What the heck am I going to do with 3 heads of radicchio?
- Ryan didn't have a very good day at camp today. It seems, from what he told me, that he was not getting along very well with the other kids. He can often be very uncompromising and stubborn when dealing with other kids (and grown-ups, too, for that matter), and I immediately started talking to him about compromise and playing fair. Later on, though, I was thinking about how great every other day this week has been for him, so maybe he was just having a bad day. I have those all the time...I guess he's entitled to one every now and then.
- I'm amazed at how much joy my children can get from a visit to the John Deere tractors at Home Depot. Sometimes I even bribe them with a visit.
- I'm so glad that tomorrow is a new day.